Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Summer Shower

A summer Shower

Did u all enjoy yesterday’s rain? It came as a relief from the scorching heat during day time. Blessings from the heavens for being the birthday of God’s own country! The gathering of clouds and the murmuring of wind made my heart stretch its wings and fly in the air. When it started as a drizzle, I rushed out like a little girl and watched the pearls of rain dropping down from the leaves as they swayed in the wind. For the first time in my life, I enjoyed rain in my yard without an umbrella. I felt the tickle of rain drops on my body as I inhaled petrichor with an ineffable bliss. I never thought rain can be this beautiful. Soon it became pitter- patter followed by thunder and lightning. I ran in drenched and almost shivering.
You know something, heavy showers and my craving for ice cream are closely linked. Whenever it is raining cats and dogs you can see me in an ice cream parlour either with family or close friends. Yesterday’s thunder and lightning prevented me from going out. I had no other option but to settle down with a glass of chilled water.

Image may contain: motorcycle, tree, bicycle, plant and outdoor

No comments:

Post a Comment