Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Deep in my heart my father lives.


Nothing seemed unusual on the evening of 13th November 1992. The only thing that looked odd was that my father who was very poor in drawing took a paper and made a sketch of 3 burning candles with his pen and scribbled under it the famous lines of Robert Frost:
“The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.”

There are certain things beyond our reasoning and explanation. We still wonder what made him do that, for on the third day, on 15th November, he was gone….he was gone without a word. He suffered a massive heart attack, which proved to be fatal. What really perplexes us is his drawing of 3 half burnt candles, jotting down such a poem and passing away on the third day. Did he foresee his death, God knows!

Deep in my heart my father lives. I feel his warmth, I feel his love, feel his touch. I know, Insha Allah, I shall meet him in paradise one day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment