Saturday, November 19, 2016

The Peregrine

Wasn’t I telling you my miserable heart,
to stop being intrusive?
Why don’t you realize,
that my silence is another word for pain!
It is stupid to say, time heals
It just makes heart forget all pain.

Clouds gather in my aching heart
and I see a strange white peregrine flying over my head
irately looking at me with its sharp flaming eyes
Protracting its grasping feet
and jagged talons to hook me!

I wish I were that white peregrine
Majestic   fearless and sturdy,
Stretching out my strapping wings
Beyond measures I crave to soar
Leaving behind my sorrows and pain
and perch on a cliff in the celestial heights!

Looking down I see my blissful soul
Playing hide and seek with clouds
It is heartening to see the caresses of my soul
making clouds dance in spree
and shed tears of happiness!

1 comment:

  1. Again it's sorrowful lines. As always words are you. "...Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart,far better things will take their place."Rumi

    ReplyDelete